Monday, November 19, 2007

Sleet and Snow and Fog, Oh, My!


Snow?

After a nice, warm and cozy weekend, I set off at 6:15 this morning from my boyfriend’s place to work from Exit 3 to 10 on the New Jersey Turnpike in intermittent rain and spit.

So, with my big 24 ounce Wawa coffee in the cup holder, I’m off to Exit 10, in the middle lane, doing, oh, 70 in my little four-cylinder car in fifth, passing trucks and grooving along just fine, thank you very much.

And then the rain picked up. Well, that’s all good, so I didn’t pass that car doing 60 or so; instead I moved back and thought this was a smart move.

Along around Exit 7, I like to put on the local New York AM stations to catch the news, traffic and weather, especially when I’m cruising up from Paul’s early on a Monday morning. You know, I’ve been up since 5, I’m running low on caffeine, and this is the last thing I need to hear:

“Well, there’s lots of accidents on the GSP and the NJT around the city due to the wicked weather!”

Well, what wicked weather are you talking about…oh, my! Never mind…I just got that memo. Thank you, Craig Allen.

Those aren’t raindrops on the windshield, those are snowflakes! And, you’d better put on the brakes, since everyone merging onto the NJT from Exit 9 just realized it’s snowing, and they’re all driving like a bunch of idiots as if they’ve never driven in snow before.

Good times, you know.

No comments: