Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Big Stick, Big Merino Wool…Now What?

Okay, I now have three unfinished projects going on (none are completed, BTW), but I found out today why you really should follow an established pattern.

AMF and I are vols for XPN in Philly, and one of their staff that we've known for ages is planning on climbing Mount Kilimanjaro for the New Year!

Great, terrific, “You go, girl!” and all of that, so let me crochet you a scarf, and I’ll embroider the station’s logo on the bottom on each end so that you can take it up to Kili with you!

What a great idea, and an easy project. I haven’t conquered knitting yet, but,I can do a very obscure crochet stitch called “Afghan Crochet Stockinette”, and I’ll be damned if it doesn’t look and feel like knitting.

And I’m going to make it with wool to keep you warm, and then…oh, it’s all over.

I’ve completed close to 50 rows with this stitch, and it already weighs a ton…this is one dense, heavy stitch. I think I’m going to create a back and make a small pillow for her cube at work that says:

Philadelphia Listens Live to WXPN on 88.5, but…
The World Listens Live On Mount Kilimanjaro at WXPN.ORG
******
You Go, Girl!
Yes, that will be centered on the work!... ;)
I’m still not quite sure about the words, but if anyone has any other ideas, please let me know!

1 comment:

Paul Bobnak said...

Well said!

And I am very sure she appreciates the effort!!