Wednesday, July 19, 2006

No Gas For You!

I currently work up in Morris County in New Jersey (which is a very affluent area of the state) where everything from toilet paper to disposable ball point pens presents a new adventure in personal expenses.

And, gas is very, very expensive in Morris County. Between the outrageous "Exxon" in Summit who thinks that $3.40 a gallon for regular is acceptable, to the Gulf in Madison who will happily suck the money out of your wallet for $3.25, I decided to stop at neither.

Oh, you bloody fools! I can get regular down here in Middlesex County for $2.93!

So, why fill up at well over $3 a gallon when I drive this incredibly fuel efficent vehicle?








And, really...all I needed was five bucks worth of gas to get back home to fill up with something cheaper. I stopped at the Gulf station in Chatham...

...and I was told "No."

No? You can't give me five bucks worth of gas?

"No, madam, I can't. No five dollars here."

"Yeah, but...oh, but you have a five dollar transaction on your pump! Why can't you do the same for me?"

"No five dollars for you, ma'am."

Gobsmacked, I tell you, gobsmacked!

I haven't been this annoyed since I figured out to properly put that ring onto my gas cap (here's the trick...the flat side of that ring goes on first) and finally understood why that does call up an "engine failure" code!

Oy!

More bloggage tomorrow, and much more about the "All About The Music" fest in Philly this weekend!

No comments: